- Early Learning Goals
- Home-School link
- Hedgehogs Curriculum 2016-2017
- Letters and Sounds
- Rabbits - Year 1
- Resources for home
- South Angle Farm Trip
- Rabbits Curriculum 2017-2018
- Squirrels - Year 2
- Squirrels Curriculum 2017-2018
- Spring 1
- Autumn 1
- Autumn 2
- Foxes - Year 3
- Healthy dessert making - July 2017
- Braintree District Museum trip - Jan 2018
- Tesco Farm to Fork Trail - July 2017
- Foxes Curriculum 2017-2018
- Pirate Day - Sept 2017
- Rainforest Home Learning Projects - Autumn 2017
- World Book Day 2017
- Pizza making - June 2017
- Science Session at Newmarket Academy - July 2017
- Chocolate making - July 2017
- Owls - Year 4
- Year 4 Visit to the National Horseracing Museum, September, 2017
- Owls Class Visit to Bewilderwood
- Learning Resources
- What's in Your Lunchbox? Year 4 Visit to Newmarket Academy, October, 2017
- Owls Curriculum 2017-2018
- Introduction to Italy-Making Pizza!
- Learning About the Digestive System
- Bats - Year 5
- Bats Curriculum 2017-2018
- Badgers - Year 6
- Badgers Curriculum 2017-2018
Welcome to Hedgehog Class.
The Early Years team are Mrs Grover, Mrs Woodard and Miss Crafer.
Please feel free to catch us for a chat if you have any worries or want to talk to us about your child.
Welcome back to the Spring term, we hope you all had a lovely break over the Christmas holidays.
Our Learning Challenges for this half term will be ‘What can you tell me about your toy?’ followed by, ‘What makes a good story?’ This will focus on traditional stories and other favourite stories. After half term our Learning Challenge will be ‘What do I want to be when I grow up? We will look at various occupations and warmly invite parents to come in and talk about their jobs. Please let us know if you would be happy to come in and talk to the children. We will also be finding out about Easter and Chinese New Year and other Festivals that are important to class members and their families.
We will be asking you to bring in your child’s ‘Wow’ moments on sheets that we will provide documenting your child’s special moments at home and in the wider environment e.g. ballet/swimming/phonics etc. Extra sheets will be available on the table in the mornings please take these as you need them and add a name and date. Completed ones will be added to the ‘Wow Moments’ board in the shared area with your child’s photograph on and then to your child’s Learning Journey at the end of each half-term to help build a broad picture of their achievements. We really value parent’s input.
P.E. will be on Wednesday mornings so please ensure the children have their clearly named PE kits in school from the beginning of the week and that any earrings etc are removed on PE days. Thank you very much for your help with this. Dressing and changing independently is a learning goal in Early Years so please encourage your child to move towards developing this skill as quickly as they are able. It’s a great challenge to set them!
Learning Challenge related Home tasks will be sent home on Fridays and you will have the following week to enjoy completing them together.