Attendence, absence and holiday during term
What can I do to help my child attend school regularly?
- Send your child to school on time every day
- If your child is unwell, contact the school on the first day of absence and return your child to school as soon as possible
- Make sure your child knows you do not approve of them missing school.
- Take holidays only during school holidays.
- Make sure your child goes to school with the correct uniform and equipment.
- Take an interest in your child’s education
- Talk to staff as soon as any issues arise.
Absence Procedures at Paddocks
- Please telephone to notify the school office of your child's absence
- As part of our Safeguarding procedures, we operate a 'First Day Calling' policy and will contact you if we have not received notification of your child's absence
- All absence must be followed up by a written note. If this is not received, we will send you a reminder slip where you can provide the reason for absence
- We ask that medical appointments are not made for during school hours. However, if this is unavoidable, we expect children to still attend school either before or after the appointment time.
The school and the county council now operate a 'zero tolerance' policy to absence from school during term time. This means that other than in exceptional circumstances or illness a child's absence from school during term time will be recorded as 'unauthorised'.
Further information from the county council can be found here.
For further details on how unauthorised absences will be dealt with, please read this letter.
For details about Penalty Notices please read this letter.