- Home-School link
- Letters and Sounds
- Early Learning Goals
- Letters from Mrs Grover
- Hedgehogs Curriculum 2019-2020
- Rabbits - Year 1
- Rabbits Curriculum 2018-2019
- Resources for home
- Squirrels - Year 2
- Squirrels Curriculum 2018-2019
- Foxes - Year 3
- Pizza making - June 2017
- World Book Day 2017
- Chocolate making - July 2017
- Foxes Curriculum 2018-2019
- Pirate Day - Sept 2017
- Rainforest Home Learning Projects - Autumn 2017
- Braintree District Museum trip - Jan 2018
- Tesco Farm to Fork Trail - July 2017
- Healthy dessert making - July 2017
- Science Session at Newmarket Academy - July 2017
- Science week - March 2018
- Owls - Year 4
- Year 4 Visit to the National Horseracing Museum, September, 2017
- Science Sessions with Year 4 at Palace House
- What's in Your Lunchbox? Year 4 Visit to Newmarket Academy, October, 2017
- Year 4 Active Planet
- Learning Resources
- Learning About the Digestive System
- Owls Curriculum 2018-2019
- Introduction to Italy-Making Pizza!
- Owls Class Visit to Bewilderwood
- Fun with Science at Newmarket Academy, October, 2018
- Bats - Year 5
- Bats Curriculum 2018-2019
- Badgers - Year 6
- Badgers Curriculum 2018-2019
Welcome to Year 3 Fox class!
My name is Miss Bartlett and I am the Year 3 teacher. With the help of Ms. Hazelwood and all the Foxes, this year is going to be amazing!
Our P.E. days will be Tuesday and Wednesday. This half term we will be sharpening up our ball handling skills and playing tag rugby. We aim to be outside as often as possible, but please ensure children are fully equipped for both indoor and outdoor activities. Please make sure that all uniform and P.E. kits are labelled so we can ensure children take home the right clothing.
Our first Literacy focus is Traditional Tales and is based around The Great Kapok Tree by Lynne Cherry. Children will be doing work on character description, setting, style, plot and themes of text. The unit will be finished off by the children writing and editing their own Traditional-Style Tale.
Our Maths focus is Number, Reasoning and Place Value. This will include comparing numbers, noticing patterns, different ways of representing numbers and understanding the value of each digit in a number.
Our first topic is Rainforests and we will be learning about: the animals and people that live there, where they are located around the world, the four levels of rainforests and what we can do to protect rainforests. The children have already had some fantastic ideas of ways in which we can raise money in support of the Amazon Rainforest.
I am very much looking forward to teaching your children this year! If you have any questions or concerns please email me on email@example.com to arrange a suitable time to meet.
Year 3 teacher.