- Letters and Sounds
- Early Learning Goals
- Hedgehogs Curriculum 2018-2019
- Home-School link
- Rabbits - Year 1
- Rabbits Curriculum 2018-2019
- Resources for home
- South Angle Farm Trip
- Squirrels - Year 2
- Squirrels Curriculum 2018-2019
- Foxes - Year 3
- Pizza making - June 2017
- Tesco Farm to Fork Trail - July 2017
- Science week - March 2018
- Chocolate making - July 2017
- Healthy dessert making - July 2017
- Science Session at Newmarket Academy - July 2017
- Braintree District Museum trip - Jan 2018
- World Book Day 2017
- Pirate Day - Sept 2017
- Foxes Curriculum 2018-2019
- Rainforest Home Learning Projects - Autumn 2017
- Owls - Year 4
- Science Sessions with Year 4 at Palace House
- Learning About the Digestive System
- What's in Your Lunchbox? Year 4 Visit to Newmarket Academy, October, 2017
- Introduction to Italy-Making Pizza!
- Learning Resources
- Year 4 Visit to the National Horseracing Museum, September, 2017
- Owls Class Visit to Bewilderwood
- Owls Curriculum 2018-2019
- Year 4 Active Planet
- Fun with Science at Newmarket Academy, October, 2018
- Bats - Year 5
- Bats Curriculum 2018-2019
- Badgers - Year 6
- Badgers Curriculum 2018-2019
Welcome to Year 3 Fox class!
Mrs Davies, Mrs Sharp, Mrs Woodard, Mrs Tyler.
Welcome to Year 3 Fox Class. My name is Mrs. Davies and I am the class teacher. I am looking forward to teaching your children and seeing them grow in stature and self confidence as they progress through Year 3.
This half term our topic is 'Rainforests'. In literacy we are writing traditional tales based on stories from Rainforests around the world. Our maths based on Maths Mastery will cover the number system, strategies for addition and subtraction and place value including 3 digit numbers. We will be working towards quick recall of times tables 2,3,4,5,and 10 and number bonds to 10 or 20. In science we are learning about plant parts, growing plants and reproduction of plants.
Our P.E. days will be Tuesday and Friday so could you please ensure your child has a full kit in school on these days. Also please could you make sure your child has a water bottle for classroom use.
The children have all be given a clear zip folder if they do not use a blue book bag. Please could they keep their reading record book, reading book and homework book in the folder or blue book bag. This means that their books do not get separated when they hand them in or change reading books.
Homework will be set on Monday and be due in the following Monday and will be based on learning from the previous week. Please support your child with homework by providing time and a quiet space for them. It should be their own work and this will act as a very useful teaching tool. We will always discuss the completed homework and we just expect your childs best effort. Spellings are taken from word lists from the national curriculum that we would expect them to use in their writing. Homework will be linked to the individual targets your children are working towards in school.
Please check for updates and extra detail on the additional pages in the coming weeks.
If you have anything you would like to discuss, please come and see me, if possible at the end of the school day. Alternatively, you can email me at email@example.com.
Thank you for taking the time to read about Fox Class and for your very much appreciated support.