Regular, open communication and consultation is highly valued at Paddocks Primary School. The Parent’s Forum aims to represent the views of all parents and to be a voice to inform our school of the needs of children and families. It facilitates communication between parents/carers and staff and governors. The forum works to provide feedback on provision, offer a parent's perspective on current policy and practice and input into decision making and planning for future provision.
This takes place by:
- Regular communication with parents/carers
- Ensuring a diverse forum membership and representation of views from parents/carers from all backgrounds and sectors of society
The forum is not in place to address specific concerns about an individual child or issues relating to individual members of staff. Parents who need to discuss these issues should approach their class teacher or the Deputy/Headteacher.
- To support and promote children's learning
- To help the school find out what parents and carers think about important issues
- To involve parents and carers actively in school decisions
- To make plans that support the ways the school wants to develop and improve outcomes for our children
The parent forum's membership is made up of parents and carers of children attending Paddocks Primary School. We aim to have one representatives per year group. Members of the senior leadership team and a representative of the governing body also attend meetings.
The following parents represent our classes:
Early Years - No parent representative
Year 1 - Karen Andrew
Year 2 - Alex Paynter
Year 3 - Laura Wilton-Cox
Year 4 - Sarah Lowther
Year 5 - Natalie Marsh
Year 6 - Sarah Lowther
JUNE 2019 - WE ARE STILL LOOKING FOR NEW MEMBERS TO JOIN OUR FORUM. YOU CAN DOWNLOAD THE APPLICATION FORM HERE.
OUR NEXT MEETING WILL BE IN THE AUTUMN TERM
Parent forum meetings are held every term. The agenda is prepared in advance of the meeting and circulated by email. A typical agenda includes:
- Items identified by the governing body and leadership team for discussion
- Items identified by parents and carers for discussion
Minutes are taken and circulated at least a week before the next meeting to everyone who attended the meeting, preferably by email. Copies of minutes can be found here.